Saturday 21 December 2013

Merry Christmas

Greetings to one and all!
I hope everyone is well, apologies for my silence just recently-it's been a busy time with some pain flare ups thrown in so my time has just not been my own!  is everyone ready for the festive season?
I was going to make Christmas presents this year but I just have not had time so I have utilised other artisan types and sourced presents from them-I only had 2 to get as my family is small ;)

A Christmas card today that was great fun to make.
Last week, I was lucky enough to have a few hours of crafty fun with the wonderful Cheremane and she introduced me to Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium. I really enjoyed playing with it!



So the centre piece of today's card is Stamps Away Wreath stencil produced on Imagination Crafts black glossy card using Berries Sparkle Medium (it's a red/green combination that to me just screams 'Christmas'!).
Once it was dry, I cut around it and attached it to a die cut black circle then glittered around the edge with ultra fine black glitter and layered this onto a bigger die cut red circle using foam tape to make the image stand out from the card. (die set used: Spellbinders Grand Stately Circles)



I distressed the edges of an 8x8 card blank with Festive Berries ink.
Green silky crush ribbon was attached in two directions to a piece of black card (7.5x7.5) and a bow tied and stuck where the ribbons crossed. The wreath centre piece was then stuck onto this using foam tape, some small paper flowers from my stash were added (a few were dragged across some distress ink first to add some colour to match the wreath) and gems were placed in the corner of the card as well as dotted around the wreath.
I am quite pleased with the result-let me know what you think!

I shall shortly be packing up my gear to go and be with my family for Christmas, I wish each and every one of you all the best for the season. Happy Christmas, and Happy Crafting!
x

Challenges entered:
Imagination Crafts- Merry Christmas
Craft-Dee bowZ- Anything goes with a handmade bow
Sparkle N SprinkleAnything Goes: use glitter, embossing powder, and/or flocking
Through The Purple Haze- Here comes Christmas 
Use Your Stuff- Ribbons

9 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous! Love the sparkle medium and your big green bow. So glad you joined us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey you made it :) fabulous Rachael glad you enjoyed it :) Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that wide green ribbon and bow! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card- just lovely

    have a wonderful christmas

    Fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is really lovely and love the way you attached the ribbon and like that bow.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. We look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work. Hugs, Barbara { Art and Soul Creations-my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really superb card glad you liked using the sparkle medium I love it too thanks for joining in at imagination crafts challenges

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for entering the Imagination Crafts Challenge. Good luck. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sparkle N Sprinkle!
    hugs 'n smiles,
    Emmy
    http://few-favourite-things.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really Stunning, I love the shape and the sparkle medium wreath looks amazing. Thank you for joining in with Imagination Crafts Challenge Blog & Happy Christmas
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete