Monday 26 May 2014

Imagination takes wing!

Greetings one and all, I hope you have enjoyed your bank holiday weekend if you are in the UK-the weather hasn't been great but we are quite used to that!!
Today a colourful make (I am a tad besotted with all things teal at the moment!), using several products from Imagination Crafts and a variety of stuff from my stash. 



Using and 8x8 card blank I made from linen effect white card, I took the beautiful Peacock Feathers distress ink and went all around the outside edge through a butterfly stencil from Imagination Crafts. The black gloss card and the leaf stencil used to get the glittery image onto it are also both from Imagination Crafts! The black card was layered onto some colourful paper I had lurking about-the paper included a shade close to peacock feathers so I figured it would go nicely :) This was all then layered onto some dark gun metal coloured mirri card, spider webbing in silver was attached running across the middle and two pieces of teal ribbon running vertically up the right hand side were added before it was all stuck to the card blank.



The double ribbon was hand tied (got it on my second attempt!) and the small rosette and butterfly were made by putting Sparkle Medium in a mold and letting it set.  The other butterfly was stamped onto acetate with distress ink (yes you can probably guess the colour!!) and silver embossing powder was sprinkled onto it and heat embossed before being cut out and stuck on-I used the heat to get the wings to curl upwards. The birthday sentiment was unused from some kit or other.

Apologies for being brief and to the point, but it's time for a nap for me!

Thanks for reading, I really appreciate it and you are encouraged to leave a comment to let me know how I am doing, thank you and Happy Crafting xx

Challenges entered:
Imagination Crafts- Things with wings
Sentimental Sundays-Things with wings and a sentiment
That Craft Place- Ribbon/Lace

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the beautiful colours and the bow. Love using moulds with Sparkle Medium too.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the teal against the black, fabulous ribbon and hand made embellishments.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful - stunning colours!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, fabulous project, love the colours you have used.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous, Teal is one of my favourites too. Love the embellishments x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning card hun, love all the detail here, I too love making embellishments with Sparkle Medium, don't like waiting the 48 hours, LOL...hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so pretty, I love the stencilled background and the colour variation and the butterfly looks fabulous. Thank you for joining in with Imagination Crafts Challenges.
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! It remembers me one my creation - a painting of a horse for a little girl where I used flowers and butterflies embellishments and teal was the color base. Thanks for sharing your work with us at Sentimental Sundays this week, good luck with the challenge and return next week too. Hugs Maja, DT

    ReplyDelete