Friday 13 March 2015

A go at gilding!

Greetings to you all, I hope this post finds you well.
After a busy couple of days, I am experiencing some pain so today (Thursday) has been a day of rest (well, knitting!) and tomorrow I plan on making cards all day!  It's my dad's birthday next week so I want to make him something he will love.
Yesterday there was crafting! My first real go at using actual gilding flakes, I usually just use the gold leaf I have from past artworks.  I have to say that I really enjoyed using them!  I stamped an image with the flitterglu (note to self, don't press down so hard when stamping onto cheap card!) and then applied Yorkshire Dales mega flakes.  I love the resulting effect.


The background paper is from a docrafts 6x6 pad, I distressed the edges with Vintage Photo ink.  As there is sheet music in the background of the stamp, I tore a strip of vintage sheet music and distressed the edges (again with Vintage Photo ink) before placing it across the centre of my card. For interest, I decided to go with quirky and attach the central image at an angle.
I finished with some Frantage in the top right corner and a 'best mum' sentiment in the top left corner.
I used: IndigoBlu flitter flakes starter kit
                             Yorkshire Dales MegaFlakes
Darkroom Door stamp
Peerless Crafts Vintage Music Paper
Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Docrafts Madame Payraud 6x6 Paper Pad

I am liking the finished result, and really enjoyed using gilding flakes so will certainly be using them again soon!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like my card-leave me a comment to let me know what you think, I do enjoy reading them :)
Until next time, Happy Crafting xx

Challenges entered:

Inspiration Destination- Anything Goes

Fairy Tale Challenge- FlowerPower
Papertake Weekly- Mum's The Word
Sister Act Card Challenge- Always Anything Goes
Stamp Sun- Anything Goes
Art Impressions Stamps- Vintage Vibes
Red Rubber Inspirationals- Just a Note!
D.L Art- Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet- Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Wow, really love all your stamping and the gold gilding!!! And the sheet music!! Thank you for playing at Red Rubber Inspirationals this week! Hope to see you again soon. Barb DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job beautiful design I love your gilding, I never heard of Yorkshire dale's flakes, but I have been there. I hope you are out of pain soon and Happy Birthday to your dad. Ps I am your newsest follower I hope you will come follow me to. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #152 Anything Goes Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Rachel thank you for joining us this week at Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x ID DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the sheet music! So glad you joined us at Red Rubber Inspirationals! MelissaO DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Rachel :-) the whole design of this is fabulous :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and love the beautiful designs! Thanks so much for joining us at the Vintage Vibe challenge at Art Impressions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely masculine card! Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet. Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made such a stuning project. I love the flowers. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge.
    XX Bianca

    PS.: Today our new challenge started and we have a lovely little blog hop too. We would be happy if you like to join in.

    ReplyDelete