Wednesday 20 November 2013

Busy, busy

So, today is my day to be blogging a new card or something I have crafted. While I have been really busy all this week making cards and items to stock my stall with, I don;t actually have a single thing I am going to be able to blog as it seems I have misplaced my camera (like the genius I am!).  I wanted to share with you all some of the candles I have been working on lately-particularly the gift set I have put together but without a picture, it is going to be very difficult to let you know what I have done!  I shall endeavour to describe it all, and then will add a photo when I discover the hiding place of my camera!

I just got finished covering a box in tasteful black paper so that I can display the candles within it, making it the perfect gift for someone as we move ever closer to the festive season.  I took a pillar candle 4.5' tall-purple and delightfully scented with blackberry and apple mmmm, and decorated it with a fairy woodland scene all silhouetted against the wonderful purple of the candle.  The wings on one of the fairies I then painted white and added some iridescent glitter for that extra touch of sparkle.
I then used a matching small votive candle, I wrote the words 'Happy Christmas' in silver on the outside of the glass and painted some snowflakes in white around the top of the candle-these I added the glitter to as well.  The wording can be replaced with any a customer would want-even a name can be written on the glass.

To finish off the presentation, I took a sheet of white tissue paper and stamped fairies and stars on it in versafine Imperial Purple ink-this matches so well with the candles and is exactly the right way to display these within the classy black box.  I could even provide a hand made personalised gift tag if required-leaving absolutely no work for you to do!

I have these events coming up and would love it if you could pop by and say hello, and have a look at my work for yourself:

Thursday 21st November- Rhyl Market, High Street 9-5
Saturday 23rd November- One Big CrafTEA Fair
Thursday 28th November- Rhyl Market, High Street 9-5
Thursday 28th November- Let's Get Crafty...Again Prestatyn High School
Saturday 30th November- Rhuddlan Artisan Fair
Sunday 1st December- Botanical Garden Christmas Event
Saturday 14th December- Christmas Craft Weekend Fayre 
This event is in Rhyl Town Hall, there will be an ice rink outside in the town square, as well as Santa's grotto and all kinds of fun stuff.
Sunday 15th December - Christmas Craft Weekend Fayre

Photos of the above described candle gift set:

The big candle:



the small candle:
the tissue paper:
The finished gift set:

Gift set is £10.

No comments:

Post a Comment