Wednesday 12 February 2014

Something to keep you warm

Greetings everyone, I hope you are well and have not been blown away in these horrendously strong fast winds out there today!
As the weather here in the UK is becoming colder, I figured that now is the perfect time to switch from cards to scarves! So today, a little something to keep you warm in the colder temperatures :)


I knitted the scarf (been a long time since I knitted anything-I had to buy new needles as I have no idea where mine are!!) and set about producing the brooch to attach to it, a little something to set it apart from all the other scarves knitted from the same wool!



Brooch is made of:
orange felt
orange/brown organza
orangey brown fabric
brown organza
art palette charm
flower charm
small beads in orange, amber, ivory and varying shades of brown
Large dark orange bead

All beads are from either Doodleso in Prestatyn or the haberdashery in Eccles indoor market. Felt is from Doodleso and other fabrics are from hobbycraft show last year, charms are from my stash (I have oodles of the art palettes if anyone wants any, just give me a shout!!)

Let me know what you think.
Stay safe folks and, until next time, Happy Crafting! xx

10 comments:

  1. This is fabulous and loving the brooch.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is beautiful, but the brooch is stunning - absolutely adorable!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so glad that it is liked! I appreciate your comment, thanks :)

      Delete
  3. I love the colours of your scarff and you've made a lovely broach to go on it.

    ReplyDelete