Friday 21 March 2014

A Kind Of Magic!

Greetings to you one and all, I hope you are all well :)

I have labyrinthitis lately as well as all other ailments, but it means that, as I have to be sitting down, I have the time to blog!  Trying to see the silver lining to each cloud these days ;)

So, here is the first of the posts: I am a huge fan of all things mythical as they invoke imagination-without which life is in danger of being a dull ole place! So I do love the fairies from Lavinia Stamps. In fact, I have gone all 'Lavinia Stamps' on this card!!



The background is one of the papers they make, I have added some vine leaves and ivy stamped in onyx black versafine ink around the edges. The stargazing couple is one of my favourites, they are so cute! They also in the versafine black ink.  The spiral of stars and the 'happily ever after' stamps are done in versamark and then Sparkling Snow Wow! embossing glitter was used.



The small stars stamp was done in versamark and then Black Twinkle Wow! embossing glitter-I do love using embossing powders, it's like magic when you apply heat, and who doesn't like a bit of magic in their days?!
I layered this onto some silver mirror card and then onto some beautiful teal card-this card is such a lovely colour that I hate to cut it!!
As there is a lot going around Facebook and Twitter about cancer awareness, I included a pink ribbon on this card in memory of my mum.  Some pink gems to finish, and voila!

Thanks for stopping by, let me know what you think :)
Happy crafting xx

Challenges entered:
Lavinia Stamps- Add Something Pink
Challenges and Candies- Embossing
Stampin' For The Weekend- Anything Goes
That's Crafty-Inky Antics
Brown Sugar- Anything Goes

25 comments:

  1. I love Lavina stamps - they are so magical and you only need the smallest amount to make a stunning card as you have proved
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really magical card. I love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel this is so beautiful :) Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this sweet card! The different textures and colors are beautiful! LOVE it! HUGS and have a great weekend! :) Mynn xx

    PS: I'd love it if you'd visit my blog (On a Stampage)--I have blog candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, wow what a beautiful card so enchanting and magical, such a pretty colour too.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely magical card. I love the stars and the little image of the stargazing couple.

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Brown Sugar for our Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck.

    Lynn, BSCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a very sweet and beautiful card. Lavina is magic for shure! Groetjes, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful scene you have created - fabulous stamps,fabulous colours, great design.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful colour combination for your design - it's gorgeous! Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge and good luck in the draw. Hellen (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering your super card in to the That's Crafty! Challenge. Good Luck with the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love your shiny stars.
    Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši.
    Hugs, Keti(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has a fairy on for me that makes it perfect.x.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit like that! I love all things magical :)
      Thank you xx

      Delete
  14. A really lovely card and such a cute image too. Thanks for joining in with our That's Crafty Inky Antics challenge and wishing you good luck.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you to each of you who has commented, I really do appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and to let me know what you think xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely lot of Lavinia Stamps used here, this is a very pretty card. Good luck in the challege xx

    ReplyDelete