Wednesday 26 March 2014

Two in One

Greetings one and all, the sun was out here-I hope the day was bright where ever you are :)
Today's card is a little different as it is two cards in one! It was a request from my friend-a frugal fella whose mum's birthday is close to Mother's Day, so he wanted one card for both occasions.  He let me know that she likes dragons and owls, I tried to keep it light and bright for spring, so here we go:


The doily bits are just one die cut doily cut up, the dragon topper and Paris tag are from Kanban (in my stash cos I got them cheap somewhere!).  Stamps are by Visible Image, Kanban and borrowed from a friend! The ribbon and charm are from my stash-I did make it clear that I have oodles of charms, right?! Flowers are from Wild Orchid, save for the white one in the bottom left corner that I attached some fake feather to (I am allergic to real feathers!!)-that lovely flower was handmade for me by a nice lady called Elaine who lives just up the road!
My friend liked the card, I just hope that his mum does too :)
Thanks for stopping by-let me know what you think, I do love to read your comments.
Until next time, Happy crafting xx

Challenges entered:
Wild Orchid-Spring Fling
MilkCoffeeChallenge-At Least 2 flowers
Natalie and Amy-Flowers

Edit (6th April):
Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I was delighted to hear that the recipient of this card loved it! That really made my day and so I thought I would share it with you all :)

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I really appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and to comment so positively :) xx

      Delete
  2. What a nice idea and also a very pretty card! Hope you'll have a great crafty weekend:-)
    Hugs Eva/Scrapfia
    http://scrapfiaspyssel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. such lovely soft colours! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe great idea, fab card. Thanks for joining us over at MilkCoffee Challenge. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea doing two cards in one and you've done a great job. Sounds like your stash is very much like mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet :) Thanks for playing with us in the Wild Orchid Challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete