Wednesday 14 August 2013

A Plethora of Butterflies!



With my first post being about a location I photographed, I thought my second should focus on a craft project so here we are:

 
Mariposa cards


I call these cards ‘Mariposa’ (Spanish I think for butterfly) as I saw nothing but butterflies for days while I was making this batch!  I handmade each one, based upon a design by the lovely Cheremane Smith, and every card is slightly different to the others-those with no sentiment on the front have a coloured insert that matches the colours used on the front and featuring a butterfly.   The cards are available with blue, pink, red, purple or brown/orange colouring and the sentiments include: Happy Birthday, With Love, Best Wishes, Happy Anniversary, Thank You, and Get Well Soon.

Items used to produce these:

Card blanks 6x6 in cream and in white, plain black card stock for layering and white and cream card stock for stamping the background on.  The tall grass stamp, small butterfly stamp, and sentiments stamps (discontinued) are all from the range by Visible Image.

Memento inks used for the back ground stamping: Tuxedo Black, Angel Pink, Baby Blue, Lulu Lavender, Rich Cocoa and London Fog

Memento inks used for the sentiments as above plus Brilliance: Galaxy Gold also Tim Holtz distress inks in Fired Brick and Stormy Sky.

I spent some glorious summer days outside colouring in the butterflies with my promarkers-I found it very therapeutic!  The wings were then glittered with crystal Glamour Dust.  I think I have included all the details of the products used to make these cards!  Apologies if I left anything out.


Back when I first started making them the weather was nicer and so I had the patio doors open one afternoon- and I was visited by a real butterfly! It came in and flew around the caravan for a while before posing for this picture.



There are a hundred in total and I have been busy making them for what feels like forever so I hope you like them :) (If you would like to get one of these cards, mail me at craftyshutterbug@gmail.com-first request will get a card for free)
Anyone in the North Wales area: I will have a stall on Rhyl Market on a Thursday where you can see these cards, along with everything else I have produced-please pop by and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment