Wednesday 21 August 2013

Purple Rose



Hello all you lovely people, I hope your day is going well.  The weather has been beautiful again today, but I have been a busy bee working on something new-glass painting. Just a short post for today so that I can get back to work.
I started small with an ashtray-the result you can see below.  Using Deka contour gel to outline the image and LeFranc and Bourgeois Vitrail glass paints in: violet and colourless, I have gone for a rose with more than a slight nod to the era of art deco (I am not long finished reading The Great Gatsby!).



I am now working on a larger piece for a lantern, staying with art deco but as well as roses, I am going to be including my old favourite-the butterfly :) Don't worry, I will share photos when it is finished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment