Wednesday 23 October 2013

Cards for the men

Greetings one and all,
Humblest apologies for neglecting you recently. I popped to Iceland for a short break as a treat to myself (it was incredibly inspiring and somewhere I will go back to), I cannot wait to get painting! (more to come when I actually get brush/knife to canvas!)  Back to the run up to Christmas now: I am going to attempt to blog every day for a week-make sure I actually am productive now that I am back!
Today's offering is a design from the lovely Cheremane Smith, cards with a distinctly masculine theme-because the men in our lives are just so difficult to craft for!

I actually made these cards for friends of mine in the US. The birthday card for the husband of my boss when I lived over there-they were so much more than words can describe though-they are my American family.  The new home card for my friends who got married in York in June (remember the painting I did for them?!).  Both cards have gone to great homes, and I hope have brought a smile to the face of the recipient :)



Stamps used are from Visible Image-the toolkit and the handy hints stamp sets, along with the Happy Birthday sentiment (now discontinued I think).  Inks used were distress inks in Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire and Stormy Sky.  The tool brads in the top right corner are from my stash.

Weather permitting I shall be on my stall on Rhyl market tomorrow (they cancel it if it's particularly windy) so pop along and say hello-check out my new Christmas cards a day early ;)  I shall blog tomorrow around this time, my new Christmas cards!
If any one wants one of these cards shown above making for them (price is £3 each or 2 for £5), just drop me an email at craftyshutterbug@gmail.com and I will get making it for you :)
Thanks for stopping by :)

Challenges entered:

Through the craft room door- Anything Goes
Love to Scrap- Play Some blues

No comments:

Post a Comment