Tuesday 11 February 2014

One for the Men

Greetings to one and all, me again! I shall be blogging each day this week to make up for my silence last month, and although this makes three cards in a row, there is something different coming your way shortly!

Today's make brings a distinctly masculine card-I have been calling it a 'Dad card' as every component reminds me of my dad!  If anyone's dad is like mine, then this would be the perfect card for him beit for a birthday or for Fathers' Day ;)






This is an A5 card, I figured it made a change from the small square cards I have blogged so far this week!  All stamps used are by Visible Image.
The tools were stamped on to small (4cm x 4cm) squares of card that had been distressed, then they were varnished and allowed to dry before fixing them to the front of the card using 3D foam pads-I am not sure the shine of these 'tiles' is visible in the photo but it is very effective.

Items used:
Blank silver grey A4 card
dark blue card (for layering)
white card for stamping on
Distress Inks in: Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Stormy Skies and Chipped Sapphire
Versafine ink in Deep Lagoon
foam pads
Versamark
Gold embossing powder
Daler-Rowney Watercolour Varnish

I enjoyed making this card, in fact, it felt as if it made itself!
Let me know what you think and, until next time-Happy Crafting!
xx

Challenges entered:
Visible Image- Love (because my dad LOVES to use tools and create things out in his garage! and I love my dad)
Cards und More- Men Only Cards
Allsorts- Colours beginning with 'B'
Crafty Card Makers- This is a man's world



15 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous card for any man.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely mens card, thanks for joining us at Cards und More and good luck, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is a great masculine card, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here which runs until 5th March.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome !!! Love what you have created.
    Thank you for joining us at Visible Image for this months challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this fabulous masculine card with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic male card, thank you for sharing it with us at CCM&M this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous masculine card. I love those tool images and the distressing. The duo backing adds the look of texture to the card. Brilliant.

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your kind comments, I really appreciate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great little set of stamps - perfect for a male themed card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at CCM&M. Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card for a man. Simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great masculine card!! Thanks for joining the Love challenge at Visible Image!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, good luck in our February challenge at visible image

    ReplyDelete